Tuesday 26 January 2016

Photography masterclass


Photography Masterclass


This past week I have been attending introductory photography masterclass’s to get me feeling comfortable and confident with a camera before I start my fashion photography unit at university. These sessions have really helped me understand the amount of work that goes on to create those killer shots. I have always felt assured when it comes to taking photos on my little iPhone 5 but when faced with a rather large and heavy Canon camera I was worried to say the least. So with a somewhat foreign object in my lap I was poised to sap up as much information about how it works and what it does from my photography Course leader, Gino. 

Within the first session Gino threw as much knowledge about lighting, shutter speed and apeture as he could at us and then in the second session we were able to try these techniques and strategy’s out.  


 In our second session we were shown how to assemble lighting equipment and camera stands and also how to create the perfect setting for our shoot. We used white/black boards in which we situated them in front of the high beamed lights so that the light would hit the boards and bounce back onto our model. This allowed the models face to become more highlighted and meant all of her features would stand out more within the capturing of the photograph. We then set up the camera. Capturing the perfect shot is all down to the settings within the camera, throughout the session we changed the file size, shutter speed and the aperture so that we enhanced all of the models features but also took a more  focused and professional photograph.





Now that I have been given my assignments I'm really excited to start snapping away!








No comments:

Post a Comment